Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

ThE PIRATE in ME





vowed to the sea for a noble cause..
in search of knowledge and understanding.. 
i began my course.... for greater good...
A tornado amid ship made me pull off course..

blindly i steered to wriggle free..
to end up in a bay with no degree..
destitution was what i had to see..
days and days i spent a different sort of spree..

time did change .. my dream and so my cause..
i had to make amends for loss i had..
changed my will and changed my mind,
seeking a different treasure.. a real one this time..

sailed the seven seas in search of gold..
i looted and i killed for no real cause..
blinded i had become by the light from the gold,
more and more i wanted till there was no more..

greed was my pleasure no longer my quality..

the day did come .. i had to be on my knees.
another took my place as pirate supreme..
as my whole life flashed before my eyes,
i had no one else to blame.. but just me...

1 comment:

  1. bro, there is a rapid flow of
    words and there is also good
    rhyming of the lines . Loved it
    LIKE
    1 person LIKEs it

    ReplyDelete