Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

knowing on for...



i just happened to be on the receiving end of a lot of advices these days as im hunting for jobs. Almost everywhere i go, every single person i meet, everybody has something or the other to put in my head and iam like the walking letter box.. But iam so so thankful that i have so many people who are so concerned and anxious about my future.. Makes me believe that after all there is something that i should be living up for.. But beyond all this it is the interviews that i have attended so far which has been brainstorming in my head.. I have got to know a lot of people , the different mannerisms and characters they have.. now what iam going to do here is im going to put down some of my experiences that i had so far in my interviews.. You see different managers under different firms respond in quite an unexpected way to you.. And even i was so late to see it coming.. Now iam an Engineering student and so far i had applied for just technical jobs though iam also interested in other fields.. I wont be mentioning any names or companies here and yes im just playing safe.. There was one place where the General Manager looked into my resume and said... "Siddarth i see a lot of '7' in your resume , in your phone number, in your achievement column... do you like this no: 7 so much"?? quite frankly i never noticed it for myself .. " no sir, it just happened to be there.." i said.. he just looked at me and smiled, when i got out after the interview i was simply admiring all the cars in the showroom and the parking lot when i over heard a couple of employees saying "he doesnt like KL 07 vehicles much..." .. i was a bit anxious to know what was going on and suddenly it just struck me about the G.M asking me questions related to the number 7.. i was a bit nervous and i felt a jerk inside.. "There are a lot of people who believe in numerology these days i guess.." .. 1. "people who are superstitious"... Another instance i had was at a different place i had applied for service and i did the interview with the manager well and i was asked to go and meet the HR.. when i sat down in front of him he just gazed down at my resume and the form the manager had filled showing my score and he asked me " i hope you will be staying for a while".. i smiled at him and said.. " yes sir.." he said " ok we need a service supervisor and i would like you to join as soon as possible.. and i will pay you 1500 rs as your starting salary and you have to write a bond for 2 years"  .. i was like "wtf???".. i had to stay for 2 years ok kewl i dint mind that much but he just pays me 1500 for a service supervisor ??? .. i quite frankly wanted to ask him for a job as the watchman there because im sure even he would be getting much more than what i would have..Folks, i payed around 45,000 per semester to do my bachelors and i have to finish off my debt at the bank in a years time.. And like 1500 rs a month is going to be a big help.. I remained humble though i was horrified and talked to him about what exactly is happening.. and Believe me all the guy gave me was a smirk and he said " this is how things work around in the field"... 2. " people who are ruthless" .. i got through another interview at a different company and i was making it a habit of getting appreciations from almost everyone who had interviewed me.. well this place was different it had everything , a good environment , a really forward manager , and an HR who was a real awesome guy of whom i already  became a fan of because of the way he spoke and perceived things.. the salary offered to me was also acceptable considering i was taken in as a trainee.. much better than anywhere i had been.. but when  it came down on the papers it was an altogether a different story.. it was like one of those insurance policies that are shown on the TV which says "read the offer document carefully before investing"... i was so into the sweet talk that i just read through the whole thing the booby traps that they had disguised so so well.. but thankfully i just came across statements with PF and pension terms used.. Only then did i read it thoroughly and i found...from the amount that they had talked about giving.. from that almost 75%  goes into PF and pension plans and they had every intension of making me a life time member.. 3. " people who are cunning"... though it was a hard go for me in job hunting... i have learnt so so many things and iam being positive here... and though my mom keeps asking me "why doesnt anything work out for you... and just you.." .. deep inside i know that it is working out so well and im just still learning on my way to work..

5 comments:

  1. Keep up with the positive thinking....just bag all the experience you will need to succeed.. I am very sure that it will work out for you as you mentioned...

    todo lo mejor Cuídate..

    [YOG]

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You cannot help but learn more as you take the world into your hands" <<< should be a good tagline!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so so much teacher ..it means a lot to me... :)

    ReplyDelete