Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

learning... "LIFE"

I am beginning to like blogging a lot these days that every time i come here i have started to make this a habit of leaving a part of me inside my blog. It is like iam relieving all my tensions and frustrations that i have or have had in life. The last couple of weeks has been really annoying for me as there is not much for me to do . I have just graduated from college and iam just adjusting to this new form... what they call "LIFE". I would be wrong if i dont admit that it is turning out to be really hard than i thought it would be. Feels like everything is happening to soon and before i even get to pounce on something it is out of sight already. You know it hurts when people including your friends just call you and asks you..." hey what have you been doing these days mate?? got a job?? ".. its like these words keep on ringing in my ears and i get the goosebumps every time my phone rings. Anyway just last week i decided that enough is enough and i set out into the streets carrying my files and my certificates, with trimmed hair , a shave and polished shoes ( which i have never done before) . I rode my bike all the way to the highway and went into show rooms one after the other.. TOYOTA ,FORD ,CHEVY , HYUNDAI, TATA ,FIAT , HONDA ... i went into one after the other with my resume and i went in for interviews.. " you are B.TECH son...  arent you?? .. sorry we actually dont need any B.tech freshers here maybe you should go to bangalore or chennai".. , " Son.. you need experience we dont hire freshers over here..." these were the words they said.. .. I asked him "sir everybody is asking for experience now so how will i get any experience if none of you are willing to try me.." and he asked me to try out in the workshops and other smaller firms.. so what the heck .. i went to the local workshops the next day the so called smaller firms in the city... and the big boys there who are called "aashaans" over here looked at me with raised eyebrows.. " why do educated people like you want a job like this? .. it just doesnt seem right "..  'besides i dont have time to teach you iam a busy man.. so if you would pleasse... " ahhmm so like that i just came back home.. it has been a really long week .. I have been into thinking for two days as i get a lot of time alone.. with my mother going for work and my brother to his school iam alone almost the entire weekday.. i spend hours in my room figuring and charting down stuffs and points and things i should do.. well for now as its failure outside i decided to do something form the inside...iam never used to killing time and even sitting idle for 2 minutes makes me go crazy .. but now i have to do it day and day out and iam rather becoming an introvert... i just had this sudden intrusion in my head of writing a book...and so it began.. the new chapter in my life.. which will be called "THE HOME COMING OF AN ALIEN"

2 comments:

  1. Sidharth :) Lovely to know you're blogging!
    Congratulations on that!

    And, by the way, I do like the very personal and up close tone in your writing. It's very heartwarming too!

    As to "Life" as they call it :) :).. there is only one thing it does. It goes on. No matter what comes to us, you must keep faith and believe that your time will come. Maybe not today, or even tomorrow. It will. I believe. And I know you will too!

    And, it is failure, only if you decide it is. Till then, it's opportunity that went another way :) :)

    Chin up, there, now! Remember, the best is yet to come!! :) :)
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it's too early to give in. May be one day, over a cuppa, I will share with you a long frustrating period of my life after college, with no job at hand and unfavorable results in interviews after interviews. That's when, just like, I decided to package my not-so-exciting story in the form of a book titled 'Soliloquy'. Looking back, I see that was the most absorbing period of my life and I feel greatly satisfied about it. So have faith in God, more so in your talents and one day, not so long from now, you will just look back and smile at all the misdirected thoughts that you have now. Please know that we are all rooting for you and it is just a matter of time that you land up at the right place, full of opportunities to shape a good career.

    Not sure if you have heard/read about the speech by Steve Jobs at Standford University during their convocation. If you haven't, I will leave you with that and I want you to pay close attention to the 'second story' that he tells all graduates from Stanford: http://www.meilach.com/samscorner/SteveJobsSpeech.htm

    If you are interested in watching the video, it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

    Take care pal.

    Rajesh

    ReplyDelete