Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Revelations



So much had been at stake, the pressure just kept on growing on me, im one of those im afraid who suffer from depression. Depression of another kind, the reason for it, i still am unaware. I felt like running away and be at some place where no one would even recognize me, be extinct... That at least was the primary thought. But when the time came, i decided to visit that part of this beautiful country i had never been to.. disputably, the most happening place in India, Maharashtra.

Pune came first .. A remarkable train journey , in which i made friends with.. practically strangers. A visit to TOONS followed, the street was calm in the night with a soothing breeze against the face at every turn that i took.. I saw life, in an AUDI TT to that of a sober rickshaw puller. Parties at corners and the sharing of food in the slums , the thought that went through my head were many.. The beauty in the ladies and that in the eye of a street vendor, everything was with a purpose and beyond that it made sense to me...

Mumbai was next, the journey was breathless .. the express highway just swept me away from my reality and i was caught in a bubble world for 3 hours.. the mountains, the lakes, the hills and the meadows covered in the evening fog.. For many a time i wished that time stood still for me, that such a view never pass by me and every time i blinked it was with an anxiety to see what was next in store for me.
The minute i stepped out in Mumbai, it was like being in a melting pot.. the heavy buzz, the pressure, the climate and the environment , put me back in my reality where i never wanted to be.. The trance i was in, was so holy, so pure and it all came crashing down in a matter of seconds. Mumbai seemed the same to me, there was no difference , everything just looked like a photocopy of another , the buildings , the people.. it was like a huge water body and naming it THE PACIFIC, THE ATLANTIC and THE INDIAN

Still i had a fascinating experience with people, the local public transit and the busy life.. The place is like a swarm of bees which never gets tired, the enthusiasm and the energy level of the people that i saw here are altogether a different league.. It was on how much the craved for better, how much they wanted Respect, Reputation and most importantly Rupee.. which i would underline as the the 3 most needful R's of a Mumbai Indian.

Valuable lessons were learnt and the journey altogether was a cracking one.. One that i will always cherish and the one which i definitely will experience again in the near future..

No comments:

Post a Comment